This is a guide to annotating Singlish. When annotating Singlish text, PTB standards should be the default. When the text diverges from standard English into Singlish-specific phenomena, please refer to the following guidelines to decide how to deal with the specific situation.
The guidelines will deal with several levels of analysis:
- [Singlish Tokenization](Singlish Tokenization) (i.e., segmentation into words)
- [Singlish Utterance segmentation](Singlish Utterance segmentation) (i.e., segmentation into sentence phrases)
- [Singlish Parts of speech tagging](Singlish Parts of speech tagging)
- [Singlish Constituent Parsing](Singlish Constituent Parsing)
- [Singlish Dependency Parsing](Singlish Dependency Parsing)